Editing Your Transcripts
Editing Your Transcripts
As the only transcription service dedicated to podcasters, we’ve created a unique set of tools made just for podcasters. They make editing intuitive and time-saving. For example, after you type a period, our Genius Editor will capitalize the first letter of the next word. Time. Saved. Read on to learn how to take full advantage of our Genius Editor.
Table of Contents:
How to enter and exit transcript edit mode:
1. Find the episode whose transcript you want to edit.
2. Click the pencil. Your corrections will autosave as you type.
3. Click on “Finished Editing” when you’re done. It recalibrates the timing.
For the next few tasks, make sure you’re in edit mode.
How to type/delete text
1. Type and delete as if you were editing a word document. It will auto-save as you type.
2. Click on “Finished Editing” to re-sync the word timing.
How to replace multiple words at once:
1. Click the “Find and Replace” button.
2. Type in the word you want to replace. Pay attention to the spacing before/after the word!
3. To see the whole transcript again, delete your search term from the search bar.
You can add spaces before/after words to replace specific words.
Say your guest’s name is “Ayaan” but the transcript writes it down as “ion.” If you were to search for “ion”, it would pull up every instance of ion. This means words like persuasion, conflation, instigation. If you were to replace “ion” with “Ayaan”, you would also then change “persuasion” to “persuasAyaan.” Avoid this by adding a space before the word when searching, like this: ” ion”. This way, you’ll only replace the words which need replacing.
How to rename multiple speakers at once:
1. Ensure that the AI identified the right speaker for each paragraph throughout the transcript.
2. Click on the person icon.
3. Type in the name of the person speaking. Replace all instances.
How to hyperlink:
1. Highlight the text you’d like to hyperlink.
2. Click on the link icon.
3. Type your link in the popup window, then save.
How to start playback at a certain word:
1. Hold down the SHIFT key and click the word you want to play.
How to pause:
You can pause in three ways.
- The first is the big maroon-colored play button in the center of the screen.
- The second is the play button at the bottom left of your screen, which only comes up when you have started playback.
- The last is to press “tab” on your keyboard while editing. This one’s super quick and convenient.
How to speed up playback:
1. Locate the playback speed slider at the top of the transcript window.
2. Drag the slider to get to the speed you want to listen to.
If you haven’t already, you should also embed your podcast on your website.
As always, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have, or if our guide is missing a step you think should be included.